- Serves: 2-6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g unsalted butter, softened
- 150 g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 g ground almonds
- 2-3 drops almond essence
- 1 kg apricots, halved, stones removed
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
For the sauce
- 200 g apricot jam
- 3 tbsp water
- 1-2 tbsp apricot schnapps or kirsch
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, before adding the eggs, one by one.
3. Stir in the ground almonds and almond essence, before transferring the mixture to a greased 20cm round cake tin or baking dish.
4. Arrange the apricot halves on top, cut side up, and press down slightly. Bake for 45 minutes, until golden brown, and then remove the pudding from the oven.
5. For the sauce, gently heat the jam, water, and kirsch or schnapps until the jam has dissolved. Serve the pudding dusted with the icing sugar and pour the sauce around each portion.
Rate This Recipe