- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
For the kebabs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 large sprig rosemary, leaves picked
- 2 pinches coarse sea salt
- 1.5 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 700-800 g tender lamb, trimmed and cubed
- 6 apricots, slightly under-ripe, quartered and stoned
For the carrot and mint yoghurt
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 8 pitta bread, warmed in the oven
- 8 cos lettuce, leaves separated shredded
1. First make the marinade. Pound the garlic, chillies and rosemary to a paste with the salt in a mortar, then work in the apricot jam, vinegar and oil. Pour this mixture over the lamb, turning to coat all the pieces. Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours.
2. Shortly before cooking the kebabs, thread the lamb and apricot pieces alternately onto skewers. Preheat the grill or barbecue thoroughly.
3. Make the carrot and mint yoghurt by mixing all the ingredients together thoroughly in a bowl and seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Grill the lamb skewers for about 8 minutes, turning frequently, until patched with brown.
5. Place the kebabs on a serving dish, along with the warm pitta bread and lettuce leaves. Serve with the carrot and mint yoghurt.
Rate This Recipe