- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the apricots
- 24 dried apricots, (Hunza)
- 125 ml water
- 300 g caster sugar
- 2 bird's eye chillies, finely sliced
- 125 ml orange juice
- 125 ml lemon juice
For the biscuits
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 50 g muscovado sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g cornflour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ green chillies, very finely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh ground cloves
- ½ tsp grated lime zest
1. Soak the apricots for 2-3 hours in cold water.
2. Remove the apricots from the soaking water and pour the water into saucepan.
3. Add the sugar and stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer, until the syrup turns golden.
4. Add the chilli and fruit juices and stir well.
5. Add the apricots and bring back to the boil. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. Leave the apricots to cool in the liquid.
6. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas2.
7. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
8. Sieve the flour, cornflour, ground cloves and baking powder together and fold into the batter mix.
9. Add all the remaining ingredients and mix gently until the mixture becomes a smooth dough.
10. Divide the dough into 6 even pieces. Roll out each one into a sausage shape. With a sharp knife, cut the roll into biscuits.
11. Place the biscuits on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
12. To serve, spoon the apricots into a bowl and serve with a dollop of mascarpone cheese and the spiced biscuits.
Rate This Recipe