- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 g arborio risotto rice
- 125 g fresh or frozen peas, shelled
- 1 bunches slender spears asparagus
- 100 g fine green beans, trimmed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200 g jar of artichokes, drained and cut into quarters
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 20 black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
For the vinaigrette:
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sugar
1. Cook the rice in boiling water until al dente. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again, then place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Blanch the peas, asparagus and beans in separate pans of salted water, until al dente. Drain and immediately immerse in iced water. Pat dry and place in the bowl with the rice.
3. Add the onion, spring onions, artichokes, red pepper, olives, dill, parsley and mint.
4. Combine all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a screw-top jar. Shake well and pour the dressing over the salad.
5. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe