- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 mins soaking
- Effort: medium
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 400 g currants, soaked in 200ml of rum for 10 minutes
- 1 litres full-fat milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 400 g risotto rice
- 2 egg yolks
- zest of 1 oranges, grated
- zest of 1 lemons, grated
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
1. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water and heat gently until melted.
2. Drain the currants, reserving the rum.
3. Heat the milk in a heavy-based saucepan on low with the butter, 2 tablespoons of caster sugar, the cinnamon and half the vanilla pod.
4. Mix in the rice and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Using a whisk, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining sugar and vanilla pod and the reserved rum in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water until frothy and thick, around 5 minutes.
6. Stir the melted chocolate, orange zest and lemon zest into the rice.
7. Finally stir in the mascarpone and the rum-soaked currants into the rice.
8. Serve in glasses topping each portion with a little rum froth.
Rate This Recipe