- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 125 g fine green beans, trimmed
- splash of olive oil
- 2 medium avocado
- 1 punnet lamb's lettuce
- 1 small frisée, leaves picked
- 1 jar oil-cured baby artichoke hearts, in oil drained
- shavings truffles, to garnish
For the truffle vinaigrette:
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chopped truffles
- 5-7 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- black pepper
1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and a splash of oil. Bring back to the boil and blanch for 3-4 minutes until the beans are just tender-crisp. Drain and refresh in iced water or under cold running water. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Next make the truffle vinaigrette. Whisk the lemon juice, vinegar and seasoning together in a bowl. Add the chopped truffle and olive oil. Whisk again until well blended, then add the chives.
3. Halve the avocados lengthways and remove the stones. Using a small sharp knife, remove the skin and slice the flesh neatly.
4. To serve, arrange the drained beans on a plate. Mound the salad leaves in a circle on top. Arrange the avocado slices and artichokes around the edge. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Shave over more truffle and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe