- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 violet artichokes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dried red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 25 g butter
- 150 g dry egg taglierini, or other thin pasta such as linguine
- 100 g cooked and peeled brown shrimps
- 2 tsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
Tips and Suggestions
Brown shrimps can be requested from most fishmongers and bought from some online shops, vacuum packed and ready-to eat. Some supermarkets sell them cooked and potted in butter too. Either way, theyre pricier than the regular variety, so you could always substitute them with the same amount of small cold water prawns.
1. Slice the top off the artichokes, then remove the outer leaves and hairy choke from the centre to leave the softer, paler heart. Peel the stalk to remove the woody outer layer, then thinly slice the hearts. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently fry the artichokes on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the chilli and garlic and continue to cook for a further minute or so until the garlic is soft. Stir in the butter, then leave on a low heat to keep warm.
2. Cook the pasta following package directions, then drain. Fold the brown shrimps and parsley through the fried artichokes to heat through, then add the pasta, stirring well to coat with the buttery mix. Squeeze over a little lemon juice, then serve.
Rate This Recipe