- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 200 g dried rye, or other grain
- 1 tin artichoke heart, approximately 400g, drained and sliced into bite size pieces
- ½ bunch spring onions, sliced
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- olive oil, for drizzling
Tips and Suggestions
The grains can be cooked on the day without soaking. It merely allows for a more even texture throughout the grain and shortens the cooking time.
1. Starting one day in advance: Soak the rye grains overnight in 400ml of cold water. The next day, drain and rinse the grains. Place in a large pot of water with a good pinch of salt, bring to the boil then cook for approximately 22-25 minutes or until tender but still al dente. Drain and allow to cool completely.
2. Place the artichokes, spring onion, feta, and parsley in a large bowl. Fold in the rye grains, season to taste and lastly fold in the toasted almond flakes.
3. Serve in the large bowl with a drizzle of olive oil.
Recipe by Kobi Ruzicka for Scandikitchen©.
Want to see more like this? Take a look at our healthy salad recipes.
Rate This Recipe