- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 artichokes
- Half a lemons
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp milk
- 2 tbsp butter, for greasing
- black pepper
1. To prepare the artichokes, remove the tough inedible outer leaves, and cut off the tough tips of the remaining outer leaves. Slice about 2cm from the top of the cone, and cut off the stalk where it joins the base of the leaves. Rub the cut surfaces with the lemon to prevent blackening. Quarter each artichoke lengthways and cut away the prickly central 'choke'. Cut the quarters lengthways into thin wedges. Squeeze lemon juice over them.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the artichoke wedges and gently fry over low heat until brown on both sides.
4. Add the garlic, white wine and half the parsley. Cover and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes until the artichokes are very tender and the liquid has evaporated. Season to taste.
5. Thoroughly whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the milk and whisk again.
6. Add the cooked artichokes to the eggs. Season to taste and mix again.
7. Pour the mixture into a thoroughly buttered baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes until the eggs are set.
8. Serve warm or cold but not hot.
Rate This Recipe