- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 medium globe artichokes
- juice of 2 lemons
- 10-12 eggs
- 150 ml milk
- small handful of chopped parsley
- black pepper
- 250 g goats' cheese, rind trimmed off
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 150 g parmesan, grated
- 2 tsp truffle oil
For the salad:
- salad leaves
- herbs, such as chervil, chives and tarragon
- olive oil, for dressing
- lemon juice, for dressing
- black pepper
1. Prepare the artichokes by slicing the stems off at the base and then snapping off the outside leaves until you reach the centre of the artichoke. Then slice off the tips of the remaining leaves and pare the base down slightly. Rub with lemon juice to avoid discoloration.
2. Add the juice of a lemon to a large pan of water. Bring to the boil, and add the prepared artichokes. Cook the artichokes for 20-30 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool.
3. Cut the remaining leaves off the artichokes. Scoop out and discard the prickly chokes. Cut the artichoke hearts into small pieces.
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Then crumble the goats' cheese into the mix and set aside.
5. Add the olive oil and butter to a large heavy-based frying pan and heat over a medium heat.
6. Once the olive oil and butter are sizzling, pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle over the artichoke pieces.
7. Fry until the omelette has set slightly, then lightly mix with a fork. Fry it for a further four minutes until nearly set. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the omelette.
8. Preheat the grill. Grill the omelette until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
9. Mix the salad leaves and herbs in a bowl and dress with olive oil, lemon juice and salt and freshly ground pepper.
10. Cut the frittata into wedges, drizzle with truffle oil and serve with the herb salad.
Rate This Recipe