- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
- 6 medium globe artichokes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g broccoli, boiled and chopped
- black pepper
For the hollandaise sauce
- 2 tbsp wine or tarragon vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 egg yolks
- 75g-115g unsalted butter, melted with a knob of unmelted butter reserved
- black pepper
1. First prepare the artichokes. Cut off the artichoke stalks. Cut away the two outer rows of tough outer leaves and slice the artichoke across about a third of the way down.
2. Meanwhile, bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add the lemon juice and the trimmed artichokes. Boil the artichokes until tender, around 15-30 minutes.
3. Drain the cooked artichokes, cool and pull out the centre leaves exposing the choke but leaving a rim of leaves around the heart. Use a teaspoon scrape out the choke.
4. Season the broccoli with salt and freshly ground pepper and fill each artichoke heart with the broccoli.
5. To make the hollandaise sauce put the vinegar and water in a small pan and boil until reduced to about 1 tablespoon and cool slightly.
6. Put the egg yolks in a food processor and process with the reserved knob of butter. Add the vinegar and process until blended.
7. With the motor running, pour the melted butter slowly into the processor and mix until an emulsion has formed.
Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Preheat the grill. Place the stuffed artichoke hearts in a shallow heatproof serving dish. Cover the artichokes with hollandaise sauce.
9. Grill until the hollandaise browns. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe