- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 globe artichokes
- black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 200 g serrano ham, diced
- 50 ml Manzanilla sherry
1. Prepare the artichokes by chopping off the stalks close to the leaves and cutting away the tough outer leaves and trimming off the tips of the remaining leaves. Place the trimmed artichokes in water acidulated with vinegar or lemon juice to prevent them discolouring.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted acidulated water to the boil. Add the trimmed artichokes and cook until tender, around 30 minutes.
3. Drain the artichokes, quarter and scrape out the prickly choke inside.
4. Heat the olive oil in a medium, heavy-based frying pan. Add the garlic and jamon Serrano and fry, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
5. Add the artichoke quarters and fry, stirring now and then, for 5 minutes.
6. Pour in the sherry and cook briskly for 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe