- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3-4 banana leaves
- 1 monkfish tail, skin and bone removed, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 handfuls cooked rice
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 cm piece root ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp mirin, plus extra for drizzling
- 5 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 tbsp white wine
1. Layer the banana leaves on top of each other, then place the monkfish pieces on top. Cover the fish with rice and scatter over the spring onions, garlic, chilli and ginger.
2. Wrap the monkfish up in the banana leaves, folding each side of the leaves inwards. Before you close the parcel, drizzle in the mirin, soy sauce and white wine. Close the parcel and secure with a wooden skewer.
3. Heat a barbecue and cook the parcel for 20 minutes, turning over once. (Dont worry if the leaf burns and singes, the inside will be fine.) Remove and place onto a serving plate.
4. To serve, open up the parcel and drizzle over a little bit more mirin and soy sauce.
Rate This Recipe