- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped, woody ends discarded
- black pepper
- 1 kg pasta
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 150 ml single cream
- 1 tbsp horseradish sauce
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the asparagus, return to the boil and cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and plunge into cold water.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and boil until the pasta is al dente, around 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Add the red onion and fry gently until softened.
4. Add the drained asparagus to the frying onion and mix in the horseradish sauce. Cook gently for 5 minutes, then stir in the single cream. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Drain the cooked pasta, mix with the asparagus sauce and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe