- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 250 g jersey royal potatoes
- 6 eggs
- black pepper
- small bunch of mint, chopped
- 50 g pecorino or parmesan
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil, or a knob of unsalted butter
For the chive oil:
- 200 ml olive oil
- bunch of chives, chopped
1. Well ahead, make the chive oil: Heat the olive oil in a small pan until hot but not boiling (about 80°C). Stir in most of chives and leave to cool. Blend to a smooth purée when cool.
2. Steam the asparagus and potatoes separately until just tender (10-15 minutes and 15-25 minutes respectively) and keep warm.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs with some seasoning, adding the mint and half of cheese.
4. Preheat a hot grill. Heat the olive oil or butter in heavy frying pan which has a heatproof handle. Add the egg mixture to the pan and cook until nearly set.
5. Top with the asparagus and remaining cheese. Flash under the grill for no more than 1 minute to finish cooking the eggs and colour the top nicely.
6. Serve with the potatoes and chive oil, using the few remaining chives as a garnish.
Rate This Recipe