- Serves: 2 as a light main course
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1 smoked duck breast, skin removed and cut into rough strips, flesh cut into 1cm cubes
- 16 radishes, trimmed and quartered
- 6 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- large handful salad leaves, to garnish
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and blanch the asparagus for 3-4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Add the strips of duck fat to a frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry for 2-3 minutes until the fat is released into the pan. Remove the skin from the pan, leaving behind the melted fat.
3. Add the asparagus to the duck fat in the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until lightly browned then stir in the radishes and duck breast. Fry for 1-2 minutes until the radishes are slightly softened.
4. Whisk together the walnut oil and sherry vinegar and season with salt and black pepper.
5. Transfer the warm duck salad to serving plates, top with salad leaves and drizzle with the walnut oil dressing. Serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe