- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 red peppers
- 2 large bundles of asparagus, (about 900g in total)
- 2 bulb fennel
- chopped chervil, to garnish (optional)
- crusty bread, to serve
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat the grill until very hot.
2. Put the peppers in a roasting tray and grill for 7-10 minutes, turning them, until they start to blacken and blister. Transfer to a bowl and cover with cling film. Leave for a few minutes until the skins start to loosen.
3. Skin and deseed the peppers, then slice the flesh into thin strips.
4. Break off the woody ends of the asparagus stalks and discard. Cut off the tips and set aside. Slice the stalks into 5cm chunks.
5. Place the stalks in a steamer basket set over boiling water. Steam for a couple of minutes, then add the tips. Steam for about another 3 minutes until just tender.
6. Discard the tough outer layer of the fennel bulbs leaving the firm heart. Slice the hearts very thinly, using a mandolin if you have one.
7. Put all the vegetables in a serving bowl.
8. Whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth.
9. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix gently by hand. Sprinkle with chervil if using.
10. Serve with good crusty bread such as Boule de Meule.
Rate This Recipe