- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 bundles of British asparagus, woody ends trimmed and chopped into 2in pieces
- 150 g broad beans, shelled
- 300 g halloumi cheese, cut into thick slices
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 large handfuls rocket
For the dressing
- 5 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
1. For the dressing: whisk together the oil, lemon juice, caster sugar and garlic until well combined. Stir in the mint and chilli, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
2. For the salad: heat a griddle pan, drizzle with the rapeseed oil and griddle the asparagus for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned on all sides and just cooked. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Cook the broad beans in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water, then peel away the tough outer skins.
4. Griddle the slices halloumi for two minutes on each side, or until golden-brown all over.
5. Mix the cooked asparagus and broad beans together in a bowl, then stir in the spring onions and toss with the rocket leaves. Drizzle over the dressing and toss well to coat.
6. To serve, divide the salad among four serving plates and top each plate with three slices of halloumi. Grind over some black pepper and serve.
Rate This Recipe