- Serves: makes 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 sheet of ready-rolled all butter puff pastry
- 150 g ricotta cheese
- 80 g parmesan, grated and extra shavings to serve
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 16 spears of asparagus
- olive oil, for brushing
- mint leaves, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Use asparagus in the recipe while it's in season but you can substitute with lots of other vegetables when it isn't, such as tomatoes or courgettes.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Cut out four rectangles, each 12x6cm from the pastry sheet and place them on the baking tray. Score a 1cm border on each rectangle.
3. Put the ricotta, parmesan, lemon rind and a pinch of salt and pepper into a bowl and stir to combine. Spoon the mixture on to the pastry and top each tart with two asparagus spears. Brush the pastry borders with oil and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
4. Serve with a couple of mint leaves and shavings of parmesan on top.
Love this spring vegetable? See lots more asparagus recipes.
Rate This Recipe