- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1/4 bulb fennel, finely sliced
- 75 g pancetta, cubed
- 12 tips of asparagus
- 2 tbsp single cream
- 1 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
For the garnish:
- a little tarragon, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. On a floured surface, roll the pastry out to a thickness of about 2mm. Cut out 2 heart shapes and place on a baking sheet. Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 15 minutes. Keep warm.
3. Heat the oil and butter together in a medium saucepan. Add the garlic, leek, fennel and pancetta and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the asparagus is tender. Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly add the cream and the tarragon.
5. Spoon the asparagus mixture into the centre of two plates and top each with a pastry heart. Sprinkle with chopped tarragon and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe