- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 10 mins chilling
- Effort: easy
- 24 spears of young tender asparagus
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 4-5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 6 slices Parma ham
- 50 g parmesan shavings
1. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the asparagus spears. Cook for three to four minutes, until tender. Drain and refresh, then season with lemon juice, a drizzle of olive oil and black pepper.
2. Lay a slice of Parma ham on a board or work surface, and scatter with Parmesan cheese. Place 4 asparagus spears vertically on the ham, so the tips are showing, and roll up the ham and cheese around the bottom two thirds of the spears.
3. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil, cover and refrigerate until 10 minutes before serving.
Rate This Recipe