- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 onion, chopped
- 25 g butter
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped, woody ends discarded
- 30 g lardons of bacon
- 750 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 250 ml single cream, plus extra for drizzling
- black pepper
1. Heat 15g of butter in a large saucepan. Add the onion and fry gently until softened, around 3 minutes.
2. Add the chopped asparagus and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a small frying pan. Fry the bacon until browned and crispy.
5. Place the asparagus soup in a food processor or jug blender. Blend until smooth.
6. Pass the soup through a sieve and return to the saucepan. Mix in the single cream. Gently heat through, stirring often.
7. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Serve with the crispy bacon scattered over and a little extra cream drizzled over each serving.
Rate This Recipe