- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus rising time
- Effort: easy
- 1 packet of pizza base mix
- 10 spears of asparagus
- 4 tbsp pesto, shop bought
- 140 g taleggio cheese, (soft Italian cheese)
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp parmesan, grated
- 10 basil leaves
Tips and Suggestions
To make 4 small pizzas, divide the dough into four. Roll out each piece into a 12cm round, spread with pesto, and divide toppings between them. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Make up the pizza dough following the pack instructions. Roll out to a 25cm round and transfer to an oiled baking sheet. Cover and leave to rise while you prepare the topping.
2. Trim any woody ends from the asparagus, then diagonally cut each spear in half. Cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes, then drain and cool quickly under running cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
3. Spread the pesto over the pizza base, taking it almost to the edge. Slice the taleggio - no need to remove the rind unless you want to. Scatter the asparagus, taleggio, tomatoes and rosemary sprigs over the pesto, then sprinkle with grated parmesan.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until browned and crisp at the edges. Scatter the basil leaves over the top and serve.
Copyright Good Food Magazine
Rate This Recipe