- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the crostini
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- olive oil
For the toppings
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- small handful mint
- 1 ball sheep's milk ricotta cheese
- small handful basil
- pecorino cheese
1. For the crostini: preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Cut the ciabatta into slices about 1cm thick and toast them in the oven for 10 minutes. When they are golden, drizzle them with olive oil and rub the top of each slice with the clove of garlic.
3. For the toppings: heat 2 lightly oiled frying pans. Add the aubergine to one and the courgette to the other. Cook stirring occasionally.
4. After 4 minutes add the garlic to the courgettes and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. In the pan with the aubergine, add the chilli, a splash of balsamic vinegar and roughly tear the mint over it.
6. Cook both pans until the vegetables have softened and browned. Top half of the crostinis with the aubergine mixture. Spread the other half with the ricotta and top with the courgette mixture. Tear a little basil over the top and grate over some shaving of pecorino cheese.
Rate This Recipe