- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hours soaking
- Effort: easy
- 100 g dried shrimps
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 4 aubergines, peeled and diced into 2cm chunks
- 150 ml hot vegetable stock
Tips and Suggestions
Stock cubes tend to be high in salt. Try making your own homemade stock, or look for reduced-salt varieties. For more information on healthier eating see eatwell.gov.uk
1. Place the dried shrimp in a bowl, cover with cold water and soak for at least 2 hours or overnight, then drain.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onions over a medium heat until softened, then stir in the paprika and garlic and fry for a minute more. Add the shrimps and the brown sugar, then gently cook for a few minutes before adding the aubergine. Fry the mixture for 5 minutes, until the aubergine begins to colour and soften.
3. Pour in the stock and season, then simmer until the vegetables are tender and the stock has reduced.
Rate This Recipe