- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large aubergines, cubed
- 150 g shelled broad beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemons
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 250 g plum tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp pitted black olives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of mint, thinly chopped
- 240 g feta cheese, roughly crumbled
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1 Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Pour the olive oil into a shallow roasting tin and place in the oven to heat. Add the aubergine cubes, toss to coat in the hot oil and roast for 30 minutes, turning from time to time, until cooked through and golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, add the broad beans to a pan of boiling water, bring back to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain well. If you have time, once the beans are cool enough to handle, pop them out of their skins. This is quite time-consuming, but worth the effort as the skins can be tough.
4. Tip the broad beans into a large bowl and add the red onion, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil and the tomatoes.
5. In another bowl, stir together the garlic, olives, mint and remaining avocado oil. Lightly fold in the crumbled feta and set aside.
6. Once the aubergine is roasted, tip it into the bowl of tomatoes and broad beans, and mix well. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, then set aside for 5 minutes, or leave to cool to room temperature.
7. Divide among serving plates and spoon over the feta mixture to serve.
Rate This Recipe