- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 425 g small white aubergines
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the aubergines onto a baking tray and roast for 20 minutes, until softened.
2. Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly before peeling.
3. Place the potatoes and garlic into a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until soft. Drain the potatoes in a colander and return to the pan. Dry off any moisture over a low heat.
4. Press the potatoes through a mouli legume (or food mill), along with the roasted aubergines.
5. Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir in the parsley before serving.
Rate This Recipe