- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 aubergines, cut lengthways in 5mm - 1cm slices, youll need 8 slices in total
- 2 x 250 g halloumi cheese
- ½ lemons, juice only
- A large pinch oregano
- pomegranate seeds
- Large handful rocket
For the pomegranate molasses dressing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- A dash of red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp clear honey
Tips and Suggestions
The aubergine and halloumi parcels can be made up to a day ahead, wrapped and kept in the fridge before warming through to serve.
1. Brush each aubergine slice generously with some olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Preheat a griddle pan or barbecue and cook the slices in batches over a medium heat until golden and tender, about 10 minutes per batch, turning part way through. Set aside to cool.
2. Preheat the oven, if using, to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Cut each of the halloumi in 4 lengthways slices. Place a piece of the halloumi at the end of each aubergine slice. Squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle with a little dried oregano. Roll each aubergine slice up to enclose the halloumi and place on a baking tray. Heat the parcels in the oven, or under a preheated hot grill, just until the cheese begins to soften about 5 minutes. Alternatively wrap in foil and heat up on a barbecue.
3. For the dressing: whisk all of the ingredients together with 1 tablespoon of water and salt and pepper to taste, until emulsified.
4. Serve the halloumi and aubergine scattered with the pomegranate seeds and with the rocket leaves dressed with the dressing.
Rate This Recipe