- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g lean minced beef
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 100 g cooked beetroot
- 2 mini garlic and coriander naan breads, split in half
- 50 g rocket
- 4 tbsp soured cream and chive dip
- green salad
- a glass of red wine, for each person (optional)
1. Place the minced beef in a mixing bowl. Sprinkle over 1 tsp salt and a good grinding of black pepper and mix well, working with wet hands.
2. Divide into four even-sized portions and shape into burgers.
3. Heat a griddle pan or barbecue. Griddle the naan breads on both sides until lightly toasted and set-aside.
4. Add the burgers to the grill or barbecue and cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes.
5. Set half a toasted naan on four serving plates and put a pile of rocket on each. Top with a burger, then a few slices of beetroot and a dollop of soured cream. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately with green salad and chips. A glass of red wine wouldn't go amiss either.
Rate This Recipe