- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 300 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, (finely grated)
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 1 avocado, (sliced)
- 1 beef tomato, (top and bottom removed, flesh sliced into 3 discs)
- 1 carrot, (grated)
- bunch watercress, (stalks removed)
- ½ candy beetroot, (peeled and grated)
- ¼ green peppers, (thinly sliced)
- 1 red chilli
1. Mix the egg yolks and mustard in a bowl with a whisk. Add a pinch of salt. Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking continuously until the mixture thickens to the consistency of a thick mayonnaise.
2. Add the garlic to the mixture to turn in into an aioli, along with the juice of half a lemon. Season with salt and pepper and leave to one side.
3. Slice a large piece of focaccia in half. Drizzle the insides with olive oil and toast on a griddle pan on the oiled side.
4. Prepare all the vegetables for the sandwich so that you can assemble it all at once.
5. Spread the aioli onto the toasted focaccia, place the vegetables in layers onto one piece of the focaccia.
6. Diagonally slice the chilli and scatter on top of the vegetables. Add some pieces of basil and place the second slice of focaccia on top. Slice the whole thing into quarters and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe