- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the fruit base
- 225 g assorted autumn fruits, sliced if necessary
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp port
- 4 tbsp seedless raspberry jam
For the sponge
- 50 g caster sugar
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 50 g white chocolate, grated
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp milk
For the bitter chocolate sauce
- 90 g chocolate
- 150 ml single cream
- 1/2 shots espresso coffee
1. For the fruit base: arrange all sliced fruit in cooking dish spreading evenly.
2. Combine the port and raspberry jam in deep saucepan until bound, while heating gently.
3. Pour over the sliced fruit in the cooking dish.
4. For the sponge: Combine all ingredients for the sponge in bowl and mix well. Pour gently over the autumn fruits, then level the top. Bake in the oven at 180 C/ gas 4 for 40-45 minutes until the sponge is springy to the touch and golden.
5. For the bitter chocolate sauce: when the sponge is almost ready, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan heating gently until all the chocolate has dissolved.
6. Plate up the eve's pudding and pour over the warm sauce. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe