- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 medium ripe medium avocado
- juice of 2 limes
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- black pepper
- 750 ml fresh vegetable stock
For the topping:
- 100 g tortilla chips, (unflavoured)
- 100 g cheddar cheese, rated
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 100 ml crème fraîche
1. Preheat the oven or grill to its hottest setting.
2. Slice the avocadoes in half, discard the stones, scoop out the avocado flesh and mash the flesh with the lime juice.
3. Stir in the crème fraîche, onion, garlic and chilli and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place 4-6 serving bowls on an oven tray and slide them into the oven to warm slightly.
4. Heat the stock through until it is hot but not boiling. Stir the stock into the avocado mixture, then ladle into the warm serving bowls.
5. To make the topping, scatter a few tortilla chips on top of each bowl and sprinkle with the grated Cheddar cheese.
6. Pop the bowls in the oven or under the grill for just a few minutes, until the cheese melts.
7. To serve, top with a few chopped spring onions and a dollop of crème fraîche and eat immediately.
Rate This Recipe