- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 aubergines
- juice of 1 lemons
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp Greek yogurt
1. Push a fork into the stem of the aubergines and place the body directly onto a high gas flame. Turn occasionally until completely soft and collapsed; the skin should be blackened to the point of ash in places, and steam should be escaping through the fork holes.
2. Remove to a plate and cool. Peel off the charred skin. Don't worry if a few little charred bits remain, as they will add to the flavour.
3. Place flesh in a bowl and use a fork to mash together with remaining ingredients until fairly smooth.
4. Taste for seasoning and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe