- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 5 minutes plus 2 hours boiling condensed milk
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Effort: medium
- 50 g butter
- 400g can skimmed condensed milk, unopened
- 100 g wheatmeal biscuits, crushed
- 3 bananas
- 6 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 3 kumquats, thinly sliced
- 1ï¿½ tbsp dark chocolate, grated
Tips and Suggestions
Ensure that the can of condensed milk is completely covered with water while it is in the pan if not it will explode! Also take care when opening the can as the contents could be very hot and sticky.
1. Put the can in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the can by 5-7cm. Bring to the boil, then simmer briskly for 2 hours, topping up with boiling water as necessary to keep the can covered. Remove with tongs and allow to cool. Once cool, open the can.
2. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment. Place three 10cm cooking rings on the tray.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over gentle heat. Stir in the biscuits, mixing well.
4. Divide the mixture between the three rings, pressing it down well. Chill for 1 hour.
5. Using a spatula, spread half the boiled condensed milk smoothly and evenly over the biscuit base.
6. Slice the banana into 1cm pieces and place on top of toffee mixture. Spoon the yoghurt over the top. Chill for 1 hour.
7. When ready to serve transfer the banoffees to serving plates and carefully remove the rings.
8. Arrange the kumquat slices attractively on top and sprinkle with the chocolate.
Rate This Recipe