- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 hearts little gem lettuce
For the vinaigrette
- 2 heaped tsp English mustard
- 150-200 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 - 2 heaped tbsp sugar, to taste
Tips and Suggestions
Quadruple the quantities given here and then keep it as a stand-by dressing in the fridge.
1. Put everything for the dressing into a jam jar, season, secure the lid tightly and shake enthusiastically.
2. Taste and adjust the flavours as necessary adding more sugar/oil/mustard or seasoning where needed.
3. Divide the lettuce hearts into leaves and put in a serving bowl and drizzle over the dressing. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe