- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 260 g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Guinness
- 4 eggs, separated
- 30 g lightlight muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml double cream, whipped
1. Melt together the chocolate and Guinness in a bowl over set over a pan of simmering water.
2. While they are melting, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the chocolate and Guinness mixture until smooth. Gently fold in the egg whites.
4. Pour in to 6 clear small glasses and leave in the fridge to set for about 2 hours, or even better overnight.
5. Just before serving, spoon a 'head' of whipped cream on top of the mousse.
Rate This Recipe