- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes , including cooking the risotto
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8-12baby peppers
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 150 g butter
- 2-3 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 big mug full of arborio risotto rice
- 50 ml dry white wine
- zest and juice 2 lemons
- 2-3 sprigs lemon thyme
- black pepper
- 100 g parmesan
1. Remove the tops of the pepper and reserve. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Roast the body of the peppers for 4-5 minutes until just starting to soften.
2. For the risotto, bring the chicken stock to the boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer.
3. Melt 50g of the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and the risotto rice. Stir vigorously to coat every grain of rice with butter. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring all the time. Add the wine and bubble for 2-3 minutes more.
4. Stir in the lemon zest and juice and add the thyme. Start to add the simmering stock ladle by ladle. Stir every minute or so and add more stock as the rice soaks it up. The risotto will take about 20 minutes in all.
5. Set the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Once the risotto is done (taste it regularly - you'll know when it's cooked by the creamy, slightly nutty texture), adjust the seasoning and stir in the remaining butter and 70g of the Parmesan, grated.
6. Lay the baby peppers in an ovenproof dish and spoon the risotto into them. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the remaining Parmesan over the peppers. Pop the lid on and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe