- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 g baguettes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large medium avocado
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 150 g spinach leaves
- 50 g pancetta, thinly sliced, grilled until crisp
- 25 g parmesan, freshly grated
For the mustard dressing
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 125 ml vegetable oil
1. Set the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Cut the baguette into cubes and toss in the oil. Lay the croutons on a baking tray and bake for ten minutes until golden and crisp.
3. Halve, peel and slice the avocados. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. In a bowl, mix together the baby spinach, half of the crispy pancetta, the cheese, the croutons and the avocado.
5. For the dressing, whisk the mustard and red wine together.
6. Slowly whisk in the oils, until the dressing has emulsified and thickened. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Stir half of the dressing into the spinach mixture and place a mound of salad onto each of four starter plates.
8. Top the salads with the remaining pancetta and drizzle the remaining dressing over the top. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe