- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 900 g braising steak, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 small leeks, thinly sliced
- 225 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 150 ml red wine
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 400 g tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 2 tbsp horseradish sauce
1. Heat one tablespoon of sunflower oil in a deep saucepan and fry beef until golden brown (you may need to do this in batches).
2. Add the remaining oil, along with the garlic, leeks, mushrooms and yellow pepper and over a high heat for 3-4 minutes
. 3. Sprinkle in the flour and chilli powder, then stir in the wine, chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, redcurrant jelly and kidney beans and bring to the boil.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper , reduce the heat and simmer gently for about one and a half to two hours until the meat is tender.
5. Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables and a dollop of horseradish sauce on top of each portion.
Rate This Recipe