- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 2 smokedstreaky bacon, cut into lardons
- 1/2 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs, beaten
- knob of butter
- 1 handfuls garden peas, (fresh or frozen)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 300 g leftover cooked rice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
1. Heat the oil in a wok until smoking and fry the bacon lardons for 2-3 minutes, or until crisp. Stir in the chilli, ginger and garlic and continue to fry for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the beaten eggs, season with salt and pepper, and quickly scramble. Melt the butter into the eggs, then add the peas and spring onions and cook for 1-2 minutes, longer if using frozen peas.
3. Stir in the cooked rice, then season with the soy sauce. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring and tossing until the rice and the other ingredients are well combined.
4. Pile onto a plate and serve.
Rate This Recipe