- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 rashers bacon, derinded and sliced into batons
- 3 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- 4 medium eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 170 g ricotta or goats' cheese, crumbled
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Lightly dressed baby salad leaves, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
For a richer version, use half milk and half crème fraiche or single cream.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/ gas 6.
2. Place a 25-26cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion and bacon and cook until the onion is translucent, 5-10 minutes. Remove from the heat, tip the bacon and onion mixture into a plate and set aside.
3. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the base of the frying pan and scatter the bacon and onion mixture on top.
4. Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl until combined. Stir through the goats cheese, being careful not to break it up too much. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the onion and bacon in the pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden. Grind over a little more pepper and serve hot, warm or cold, as you prefer with salad leaves.
Feed Me Now published by Quadrille
Rate This Recipe