- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6-8 rashers streaky bacon
- 3 large field mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 large knob butter
- 1 stottie cake or 2 thick slices crusty white bread
- bottled brown sauce
1. Preheat the grill to high. Grill the bacon for 3-4 minutes on each side, until crisp.
2. While the bacon is grilling, season the mushrooms. Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes until they release their juices. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Halve the stottie cake widthways and put both halves cut-side down in the pan to absorb the juices and butter.
3. Place one of the stottie halves on a board, cut-side up. Lay the bacon on it and scatter over the fried mushrooms. Dollop on some brown sauce and top with the other half of the stottie. Cut in half to serve.
Rate This Recipe