- Serves: Makes 1 jar
- Cook Time: 1.3333333333333333 hours 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g smoked bacon, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 45 g dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Thai hot chilli sauce, e.g. Sriracha
- 125 ml coffee
- 65 ml cider vinegar
- 85 g maple syrup
1. Fry the bacon in batches until lightly browned and beginning to crisp. Remove to paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
2. Fry the onion and garlic in another pot with a little olive oil on a medium heat until translucent.
3. Add the bacon to the onions and garlic. Add the rest of the ingredients and 125ml water. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring regularly. Add more water if needed.
4. The jam is done when you cant tell the onions from the bacon. Cool for about 15-20 minutes and then place in a food processor. Pulse for 2-3 seconds so that you leave some texture to the jam. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks
For more chutney ideas, take a look at our top 10 chutney recipes
Rate This Recipe