- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 3 young leeks, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g streakysmokedlardons of bacon
- 200 ml double cream
- 250 g parmesan
- 4 eggs
- small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ready made short crust pastry tart cases, 23cm diameter
- peppery leaf salad, to serve
1. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the leeks until softened.
2. Heat the oil in a separate pan and fry the bacon until crisp.
3. Mix together the cream, a third of the Parmesan and the eggs. Add a little of this to the bacon and leeks. Stir in the parsley and mix well.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Pile the bacon, leek, parsley and cream mixture into the pastry case.
5. Top with the remaining egg mixture and Parmesan, and bake for 30 minutes until the egg has set. Serve with a peppery leaf salad.
Rate This Recipe