- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2x500 g pork tenderloins, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 heads roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 12 sage leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme, leaves only
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- 12 rashers of sweetcureback bacon
- 4 lemons, grated zest and juice
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- rocket, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Open the tenderloins lengthways by cutting across the length of the meat with a sharp knife, without cutting all the way through. Open the split and flatten the meat out.
3. In a small bowl, mix half the roasted garlic with half of the herbs and season with salt and pepper. Stuff the tenderloins with the garlic mixture and wrap 6 rashers of bacon around each fillet. Secure with kitchen string.
4. Combine the lemon juice, zest and sugar in a small pan and reduce by half - about 5 minutes.
5. Drizzle a study roasting tin with olive oil, heat on the hob and sear the tenderloins until golden brown on both sides. Add the sweet potato and scatter with the remaining herbs and garlic. Pour the lemon reduction over the meat and season. Cover the tray with aluminium foil and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove the tenderloins and rest for 5 minutes before taking off the string and carving into thick slices. Serve with a scattering of sweet potato and rocket leaves on the side.
Rate This Recipe