- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 cloves garlic
- 60 g butter
- 225 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oil-cured fillets of anchovy fillets
1. Peel the garlic cloves and finely chop or crush them with the back of a heavy knife.
2. Heat the butter in heavy-based saucepan until bubbly. Add the olive oil, then the garlic. Simmer gently over very low heat for about 5 minutes until the garlic is soft. Take care that it does not burn.
3. Stir in the whole anchovies and gently simmer for 3-4 minutes more.
4. Pour the mixture into a shallow flameproof bowl and place over a table burner. Serve like a fondue, with vegetable crudités.
Rate This Recipe