- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 egg whites
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 slices sponge cakes, cut into 8cm circles
- 4 tbsp sugar syrup
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
1. Pre heat the oven to 240C/gas 9.
2. In a clean grease-free bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, fold in the sugar and put the mixture into a piping bag.
3. Lay the sponge circles on a flat baking tray and sprinkle with the syrup. Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the sponge. Pipe the meringue mixture neatly over the sponge and ice cream, making sure the ice cream is completely sealed within.
4. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes until the meringue just starts to go brown, and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe