- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 420 g tinned peach halves, drained
- 12 amaretti biscuits
- 2 tbsp blanched flaked almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 50 ml amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 100 ml marsala
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
For the toffee sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Lightly butter a baking dish using 15g of the butter.
2. Place the peach halves cut side up in the buttered baking dish.
3. Combine the amaretti, almonds, sugar and ginger in a food processor and pulse until crumbled. Add the remaining butter and Amaretto and pulse to make a paste.
4. Place a teaspoon of the mixture into the centres of the peach halves and bake for 25 minutes, basting with a little Masala from time to time.
5. Meanwhile, make the toffee sauce. In a heavy based pan heat the butter, soft light brown sugar and golden syrup gently until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved, stirring now and again.
6. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Serve the peaches warm from the oven with the toffee sauce and vanilla ice-cream.
Rate This Recipe