- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: to 1 hr 15 mins
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- 100 g dried dates, roughly chopped
- 100 g raisins, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 small orange, zest and juice
- 0% Greek yogurt or fromage frais, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
2. Halve each apple through the circumference and dig out the core with a dessert spoon from both halves, leaving bowl-shaped hollows.
3. Mix together all the remaining ingredients except for the orange juice and
fill the apples with the mixture.
4. Place the stuffed apples into an ovenproof dish, pour over the orange juice
and cover with aluminium foil. Transfer to the oven and bake for 40-45
5. Remove the foil and continue to bake for a further 20-30 minutes until
tender but not mushy.
6. Cool for a few minutes before serving with the yogurt or fromage frais.
Rate This Recipe