- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 globe artichokes, cooked
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 100 g goats' cheese, rind cut off
- 2 sprigs tarragon, chopped
- 50 g puff pastry
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
For the salad
- 1 romaine lettuce, leaves separated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinches sea salt
- 20 g pine kernels, toasted
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Season the artichoke heart with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Crumble the goats' cheese in a bowl with chopped tarragon and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Fill the artichoke heart with the goats' cheese mixture.
5. Roll out puff pastry to an even 3mm thickness.
6. Place the pastry over the filled artichoke heart, and press the pastry firmly around the sides to form a tight casing. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and sprinkle with the caraway seeds. Place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Just before the baked artichoke is ready, prepare the salad. Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot.
9. Drizzle the romaine lettuce leaves with the olive oil and vinegar and season with sea salt.
10. Add the lettuce to the hot pan and fry for 1 minute, until just wilted.
11. Arrange the wilted leaves in the centre of a serving plate, spoon over the hot vinaigrette from the pan and sprinkle over the toasted pine nuts. Place the baked artichoke heart on top and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe